Sunday, February 11, 2007

One Week Left

Hello Icers,
I've less than a week to go. Three days of work, then a day off, and then a C-17 five-hour flight back to the land of living things. I am ready to be done with the 54 hour work weeks, but I don't think I'll ever be tired of Antarctica. I was in the library the other day to look for New Zealand books and I got as side tracked as ever by the Antarctic/Arctic book selection. You'd think that after four months here, I'd be less fascinated by it, but perhaps it works the other way in that now that I've been here, I'm even more fascinated by other people's accounts of this continent.

The ships have left, one of my roomates has left, the summer season is winding down. It will be very hard to leave this place and I would definately like to come back for a winter some time, as well as a summer. I imagine thoughts of the ice will be with me for a long time.

Trying to do all the things on my McMurdo to do list. I'll write again when I'm off the ice. I should know the results of the North Pole Marathon within a week or so. Thanks to all who've commented on my profile page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE FOR THE BLOG!

Hello readers!   I'm switching blog hosting site to have more functionality, and because things are about to get interesting again with ...