Tuesday, May 08, 2007

New Job!

I've just been offered, and have accepted, a job for the entire school year of 2007-2008. I will be a teachers' assistant at The Learning Center for Deaf Children in Framingham, Massachusetts. My sign language skills have a long way to go but I was able to get through the half hour interview all in sign. It's a bit daunting right now to consider being in one place for 10 months and to be using a foreign language most of the day but I imagine there will be a pretty steep learning curve, at least that's what I hope...

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 08, 2007

    Benny, this is fantastic news! What a great opportunity, and selfishly, I'm pumped to have you in the neighborhood for a bit. Great stuff. Can't wait to hit up the tennis courts w/ some more regularity. See you soon brotha'!

    take care, --ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 08, 2007

    OMG BEN!!!!

    I am so excited that you got the job - you deserved it big time, and it is amazing that you got through the whole interview without the interpreter!

    We knew the Australian air was a great influence on your signing ability!

    Well done, that is awesome.

    Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's awesome, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 09, 2007

    Congrats on the journey, and the new job! Perhaps you should rename your Blog to "Slacker".
    - Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ben!! You will do well there, I'm quite sure! We must talk soon!

    ReplyDelete

NEW WEBSITE FOR THE BLOG!

Hello readers!   I'm switching blog hosting site to have more functionality, and because things are about to get interesting again with ...